Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I got it ... at last

I am rather pleased, finally (although it’s was at the Post Office for a week!!) I collected the book I ordered Parisian Chic - A Style Guide by Ines de la Fressange (Paperback) yesterday.  I paged through it last night, looks really interesting and of course, has made my wish to revisit Paris more desperate than ever.  Her daughter is about as gorgeous as she is.  I want to share it with daughters. 

I read Day 51 in my Beautiful You, A daily guide to Radical Self-Acceptance by Rosie Moliary this morning.  It got me pondering, what do you consider beautiful?  How do you define beauty?

For me, I truly believe it’s what inside, but the world doesn’t see that at first glance.  When talking of beauty, I always tell this story.  When I was in Grade 7, we got a new teacher in our school.  Miss Vos was her name.  For some reason, I remember when I first laid eyes on her, I did not think of her as pretty.  She was our History teacher and our Softball coach. My friends and I would walk to her flat in the morning to collect her.  Her fiancé was a policeman.  She was fun and young and feisty.  By the end of Grade 7, she was to me the most beautiful woman on the planet.  Her inner beauty shone through.  She showed us her soul.  She laughed with us.  She shared with us.  She taught us.  She was beautiful. 

Have a Simply Sassy day now.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Paris is stunning.
    Have a great day too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. And I applaud your wisdom to look beyond the superficial. It's sad so many people rely on surface appearances and draw unshakeable conclusions from them.

    Your ability to do this is, obviously, what enables us to be such close friends. On the inside, I am nothing like what I look like on the outside -- and you're one of the very few who can see that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy