Friday, March 4, 2011

March 4 - Weekend and second post for the day


Working on the 'pose' - am I improving at all?

Necklace : Mr Price

Grey courts - Mr. Price
I just love the woven design and bow on these - but they squeezed my toes something awful.

Animal bangles : Mr. Price
If you visit here often, you may well believe and would be forgiven for thinking, that I only shop at Truworths and Edgars.  Truth be told, they are my 'go to' stores, but are not the only stores I go to and not the only stores I buy from, although they are the most regular.  I don't do 'boutiques' more than for browsing and international brands frighten the heck out of me with their prices, but I do like to browse for fun.  I like Foschini, Miladys and Woolies as well.  My other 'go to' store for 'cheap 'n nasties' is Mr. Price.  Now I'm not dissing them, they have some great items, but they're definitely not the quality of Edgars, Truworths and the like, and often their quality barely stands up against what you can buy at Ackermans, who I must say, at times have some seriously interesting and well priced items.   But, Mr. Price I certainly do visit and partly to do with their location in the mall.  Mr. Price I can go into and come out R600.00 later with at least 4 -6 items, which is exactly what happened yesterday. 

I  came out with the shoes, necklace and bangles above, which I wore today - as well as a tank-ish top, knitted little waist coat and two skirts for under R600.00.  If I'm buying something 'fashionable' then I tend to shop the cheaper stores, because I think of them more as a one, maybe two season item, but when I'm buying my basics, which I expect to last a few seasons/years, then I definitely go to the bigger stores and end to buy from the more expensive ranges.  Still, I think the shoes are super pretty and cute and the necklace and bangles will tarnish after another wear or two, but price per wear - not bad at all.

I had fun with this outfit today :-)

Hope your Friday was fab.

4 comments:

  1. You looked gorgeous in this outfit...I would never have guessed that many of your items would be from Mr. Price. That necklace just adds the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pose thing is really hard. I have the problem too. Your outfit is terrific and I am totally in love with the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shoes. The pose is nice. Good ones aren't as easy as they seem. You're on your way to elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love this grey top, especially with the pop of pink from your adorable necklace! Bummer about the toe pinching qualities of those shoes because they are divine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy