Thursday, March 31, 2011

Long weekend

I won't be around 'til Sunday afternoon some time, but may post while 'on the road'.  G-man and I are going off tomorrow morning on the 'steel stead' and heading to Clarens for the weekend with the ABSA bikers.  It's seems a select group that are invited and some are not invited back a second time - we were, however, this year we're going sans children and I'll be riding down with him. 

It's the first long trip we're doing since December 2009 and I'm a little wary as I'm not 'bike fit', but i'm looking forward to the solitude of the ride.  The silence.  I get to sit back and watch the scenery go by and ponder the wonders and whackiness of life. 

Once there, we usually do a few outrides, with breakfast/lunch on the road and braais (bbq) for dinner.  It's a beautiful place we're staying at and it's great to be out in the countryside.  We also pass through Golden Gate Highlands National Park, which is just amazingly beautiful and this time I hope we get a chance to stop and take some decent photos of the scenery and colours of the mountains.

Hope your weekend is fabulously stylish.


1 comment:

  1. How great! I'm well-familiar with the joys of motorcycle-touring. I hope you relax and contemplate. Come back with stories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy