Friday, October 9, 2009

Ashamed to admit it ...

but I feel I need to face up to it. I cuss ... some days it's less frequent than others, other days, it feels as though every sentence has a cuss word in it. I don't like. I don't like how I feel about myself when I cuss. I have become aware that it is linked to something emotional, something inside me that feels like it's pushing to the surface, yet I'm unsure of exactly what it is. But, I've decided to take steps, to seek out information and help to stop this.
Found this ... on www.cusscontrol.com

What's Wrong With Swearing?
Swearing Imposes a Personal Penalty
It gives a bad impression
It makes you unpleasant to be with
It endangers your relationships
It's a tool for whiners and complainers
It reduces respect people have for you
It shows you don't have control
It's a sign of a bad attitude
It discloses a lack of character
It's immature
It reflects ignorance
It sets a bad example
Swearing is Bad for Society
It contributes to the decline of civility
It represents the dumbing down of America
It offends more people than you think
It makes others uncomfortable
It is disrespectful of others
It turns discussions into arguments
It can be a sign of hostility
It can lead to violence
Swearing corrupts the English language
It's abrasive, lazy language
It doesn't communicate clearly
It neglects more meaningful words
It lacks imagination
It has lost its effectiveness
So, I'm going to print this out and remind myself that I more than this, bigger than a cuss word, remind myself that I respect myself and those around me to not lower myself to this ... wish me luck and keep me in your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Wendy, I know how hard that is. I have a new blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is superb! Thank you for posting it. I too have found myself cussing a lot more than I would like. I'm going to put an end to it, starting today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy