Sunday, November 11, 2007

If a picture paints a thousand words

This song by Bread has been in my head the whole afternoon ... its quite possibly the sadest song to me.
~::~ ~::~ ~::~ ~::~ ~::~ ~::~

If a picture paints a thousand words, Then why can't I paint you?
The words will never show,
the you I've come to know.
If a face could launch a thousand ships,
Then where am I to go?
There's no one home but you,
You're all that's left me too.
And when my love for life is running dry,
You come and pour yourself on me.
If a (wo)man could be two places at one time,
I'd be with you.
Tomorrow and today, beside you all the way.
If the world should stop revolving
spinning slowly down to die,
I'd spend the end with you.
And when the world was through,
Then one by one the stars would all go out,
Then you and I would simply fly away
~Bread~
Maybe a wish, maybe a prayer!

2 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh. I had a Bread 8 track tape and I would play this song over and over and over. So, why is it stuck in your head?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this song! I have the whole cd, it's awesome! Bread rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy