Tuesday, April 23, 2013

What makes your world right?

There's a saying I love that says "if you do what you love you'll never work a day in your life " ... do you know how that feels?  Are you perchance one of the few people who experiences this on a daily basis?  If you are, you are so lucky. 
 
For me, each time I take photos of people for a reason, when there's a purpose to why I'm doing it, I initially pain over whether I'm good or if I'm going to mess up .. but once I start taking the pics and figure out the vibe, I just get on and do it.  When I leave - I feel such amazing deep contentment in my soul ... if you do what you love, you'll know what I mean.  
 
Tonight I got to experience that feeling once again.  Its so incredible for me that I usually find myself in tears.  They're tears of joy and elation.  I'll replay the moments in my mind ... savouring the people, their features, their faces.  I love when I catch someone who is hiding from the camera unaware.  I'm mastering my 'sneak up' skill ... lol. 
 
I'll share photos soon on www.simplysassy.co.za/blog of the little man who turned 1 today and I photographed.
 
Hope your day was awesome ... I took a much needed day to take care of a few personal things - it was just what my soul needed after how last week ended.
 
Well friends, I'm bushed ... catch you when the sun rises.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey little sister, I get what you mean. I get that feeling when I deliver a scrap book to someone and I see the look on their face as they really "see" their photos.

    Can't wait to see the photos of Alexi!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy