Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The reading nook - styled

 
Before
Reading nook

and after …
 
I intend taking some better photos (sorry for the blurry quality) and I do hope to get the wall painted real soon but I really wanted to show it off a little.
 
French inspired reading nook in Master bedroom

 
I also intend getting a larger mat for the area .. with both my Grans travelling box and the bookshelf in pine, I’m torn as to whether or not I should paint them.  Not sure I want the entire room in the French white wash.  But then I’m not keen on everything being matchy-matchy.
 
More pictures to follow soon.
 
Happy day now for a beautiful grey Jo’burg.


2 comments:

  1. The area looks beautiful. I think you should white wash the book shelf and leave Granny's box in it's original state. A bigger rug is going to look gorgeous. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore reading nook areas .. probably because I love to read!

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy