Sunday, July 15, 2012

I'm blessed ...


If you know the source of this quote - please let me know as I don't remember
I truly am blessed and awed by all that I've been given.  Its easy to get used to having good things and an abundance and I don't ever want to get to the point where I lose sight of where I've come from and how I've gotten to where I am.

Some days - thanks must be said.

So tonight .. I'm saying thanks.

To my daughter Taryn for being my rock and my right hand ... you'll never know how much I appreciate and love you for all you did for me. I could not have managed without your support, love and encouragement ... you were always there telling me I could do it when I lost my faith in myself.

My sisters ... for loving me, helping my children and I rebuild our home and being there for me through all the craziness of coming home with a suitcase each.  The gifts and concern, use of cars, lifts to the store, linen, groceries, gas heaters, curtains, treats for my children and numerous other gifts ... thank you.

To my ex-husband (don't fall over backwards) who really has taken his commitment to care for our children seriously and who has, despite all that happened, cared and supported me and still prays for me.  For never skipping a maintenance payment, for always doing more than a lot of dads would do and for bringing all the goodies we ask of from the USA.

My schatz, who has given my children and I a beautiful, warm and welcoming home.  Who loves us all ... despite our craziness.  Who does the sweetest things for me and who is always willing to help from homework, parents evenings, outings, school projects, nursing teenage broken hearts to supporting my dreams and just loving me, even when I'm a complete bitch riding my 'cycle'. 

As a Christian, the most important person of course if my Heavenly Father, who has openend doors I was told were shut, lifted me to my feel when I fell in the dust, has given me more gifts and talents than I ever could have imagined and who loves me, warts 'n all and let me tell you, lately there have been more warts than anything else.

When I take stock and I look back over the last 5 years ... let me tell you 'knee mail', perseverance and faith work.

I'm a believer is positive affirmations, speaking good words, planting good seeds (yes, I fall off the wagon and used bad language and go through times where I certainly don't behave very Christian-like) and that what we say has power and influence, so I try really hard to speak how I want my world to look, to find the positive in the day and to encourage those around me.  I try every day to be happy, positive and to lift others ... I think I succeed fairly often.

So, if you need a cheerleader ... I'm your gal.

5 comments:

  1. Wendy, what a neat post. You did surprise me a bit when your ex got a mention...lol.

    I bet they would all say they are blessed with you. Thanks for reminding me to focus on positives instead of negatives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy! This is such a wonderful post!
    Your positive outlook is inspiring!
    I'm guilty of taking things for granted more times than not...

    God bless you and your family! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good attitude. You're creating happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post, Wendy...and a reminder to me to mind the things I should. Sometimes, it's easy to get overwhelmed by circumstances and forget to count blessings. Thank you for the reminder. I counting mine now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this post! Lots and lots to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy