Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WIWW

Details
Skirt : Jet
Shirt : Woolworths
Belt : Woolworths
Shoes : Legit
Scarf : Corporate wear

Its Wednesday.  Oh goodie, I can link up to WIWW.


G-man took my photos for me this evening.  We were in fact going around the house taking pictures of the current state of affairs.  We've had the front fencing painted (but we'll need to do some touching up) and tomorrow, lots more work is going to be done on the house so I wanted 'before' pictures.  I like to keep track of progress and growth with photos.  I'll share photos in the future - remind me if you need to. 

Now, onto the outfit!

I'm fairly sure that this is the first time in my adult life that I have 'chosen' to deliberately wear two different prints at the same time (I can only attribute this to fashion/style bloggers and blogging).  It took some thinking it over, then thinking it over again before I took the leap and mixed a striped shirt with this printed skirt.  It went down well because I got a fair number of compliments on this outfit today. 

Skirt : Jet
Shirt : Woolworths
Belt : Woolworths
Shoes : Legit
Scarf : Corporate wear


I have been hunting for the perfect denim shirt, because I'm sure that it would look fabulous with this skirt as well.  Below, a few of the previous stylings of this skirt.  Any other styling ideas, please share with me.



pleated poppy

10 comments:

  1. Way to be bold and mix those patterns! I think it looks great together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color combo! And the pattern on that skirt!

    Thanks for stopping by the blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danavee, your comments appreciated.

      Delete
  3. It's pretty! I love the red belt. That skirt is great too; looks like it will be really versatile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, thanks so much. Must admit, the skirt has made a number of appearances, I just need to sort out the waist (as is the case with all my skirts and pants) as it is huge. The joys of having hips :-)

      Delete
  4. Of course the red just ties everything together. I saw the most beautiful denim skirt at Ackermans when I popped in for the kids and have been so cross with myself for not buying it and I am far from a Ackermans. GO have a look there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, of course I'm in my element with all the red around. I seriously adore it. It is my and my moms favourite colours. Have a fab weekend ... we should try and arrange a coffee get-together some time.

      Delete
  5. That skirt is way too cute. Mixing patterns is such a bold step. I'm like you, I always think, rethink and triple think before I leave the house.But you worked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for visiting here ... guess we should be brave and just 'go for it' more often - could be rather interesting :-) Have a stunning day.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy