Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Autumn Wardrobe

This morning the air temp was a serious reminder that Autumn has arrived!  For me it seems a little late, but I'm not complaining.  My kitty has been snuggling up closer and closer which is a telltale sign that the cooler weather is settling in.

I've been looking at the size of my wardrobe and wondering if I really need to add anything at all.  The styles are mostly a continuation of last seasons styles and since autumn to winter is such a minimal change, most of what I wear now I'll wear all the way through. 

Besides a pair of red 'cigarette leg' jeans, red blazer, black riding boots, tan leather jacket, denim jacket and a chanel style jacket, I can't think of anything else I need.  Of course, the wants never go away.  There were the gorgeous brown riding boots at Woolies and the red ruched dress, the tweed blazer at Edgars, the cream trench at Truworths ... and ... and.

All for women featured some coats from Foschini on their newsletter this morning.  I must admit, my coats are still in awesome shape, so no needs on that front. 

cropped jackets, Foschini
Houndstooth and tweed - two great styles for winter. Love these cropped jackets, R470 and R460 each.
I bought a similar cropped jacket to the black and white one from Mr Price at the princely price of R130.00.  It's a three-quarter sleeve and looks more tweedish and I'm wearing it today, along with my altered LBD.

I should be back later with a photo update.

Hope your Monday on Tuesday is great.

Keep it Simply Sassy

3 comments:

  1. A whole new wardrobe for winter would do me good!!! If only I loved to try on clothes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outfit, the fit of the dress is awesome and I think the length of the dress is great for your legs!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're getting ready to leap from chilly spring days to the increasing hot summer days that lead to the Dog Days of Summer in the Carolinas, so I was a bit confused by your autumn reference :)

    But I love that you're reviewing your wardrobe and carefully editing your needs to update it. I'm trying to do the same, sticking to some pops of color to relieve the former monochromatic gray and black of my law firm self :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy