Sunday, November 20, 2011

How do you 'scent' yourself

My Rubybox arrived yesterday and along with it, a free copy of the October issue of Glamour.  As I was paging through it, there was an article named Wings of Desire ... and is has this sub heading 

How to apply fragrance, the haute couture way

This method works beautifully, but never spray perfume direction onto fabric.

Step 1 : Choose a room that's private and not too large, like your bedroom
Step 2 : Spray the room about 40 times (adapt according to the size of the space)
Step 3 : Hang your clothes in the room for 8 to 12 hours
Step 4 : Step out ready to make the world a sweeter place for all you encounter.

Hmmm, wonderful idea, but seriously, considering the cost of the perfume, would you spray that much?  I spray a couple of puffs of my perfume into the air and walk through it.  I read somewhere years ago that layers it over you, and then you smell divine all day. 

I do about throw hissy fits when I see women spray perfume onto their pulse and then grind their wrists together.  That completely destroys the fragrance. 

What's your take on spraying perfume and what do you think of this little bit of advise?

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you -- that's the right way to apply it.

    Spraying the whole room with 40 blasts is ridiculous. So much will be wasted and the bottle will be emptied quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sista, Just managed to catch up on your blog. Haven't passed by in the last two weeks. Looks good and loved all your posts.

    Hope the blues that you mentioned have lifted a little (think they may have found me on their way out!!! not that I needed any more though!).

    Thankfully I don't wear perfume so I don't have to worry about spraying it anywhere!!! LOL!!!

    Wishing you a stunning week ahead. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never be able to do it that way...it would be gone in no time at all. I also spray and walk through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obviously they do not buy perfume in SOuth africa with our prices.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy