Friday, October 15, 2010

Little girls and birthdays

My little girl (meaning my younger daughter) is turning 14 on Sunday.  I can't believe that another has passed ... she's grown so much and become such a real teenager ... the rolling of eyes, sulks, stomping and back chatting ... all part and parcel of it, but really hard to navigate at time s... one minute sweet as pie, the next a black rolling cloud of thundering nastiness.

But, she's my little girl.

With the big brown eyes, freckles on her nose and dimples.

One minute a sweet heart, the next a devil heart.

I feel for her, so confused and trying to figure out who she is.

But underneath, under the sulking and pouting and fighting and 'stuff' is a very sweet little girl with a heart that has so much love.
 You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance. ~Franklin P. Jones


... come back for an update of photos showing the 14 year old now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy