Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Absurd

Definition :absurd
adjective ridiculous or unreasonable; foolish in an amusing way:
What an absurd thing to say!
Don't be so absurd! Of course I want you to come.It's an absurd situation - neither of them will talk to the other.
Do I look absurd in this hat?


In my inbox from my sister accompanied by pretty pictures of vouchers:

Hey guys,

Christmas is just over 15 weeks away – yikes!! Here is a cost effective and thoughtful idea – what about making vouchers for friends and family to spend time with YOU? Surely this is more valuable than a bought gift? There are many free voucher templates available on Google Images (some examples below (sorry not included in the post) . I hope that this idea is valuable to you.
My reply :
I’m stunned that we feel the need to give those we love and care for a ‘voucher’ to spend time with us. With all the time saving gadgets and goodies in our lives, should we not be more accessible than this?

How very sad our society has become!
===========================================================================
Is it really just me that finds this absurd! I mean honestly, can we not find the time in our diaries to spend time with those we love, we share ourselves a little more freely ... to sometimes tell the world to 'hang on' - they ones I love need me!. Could we not rather give a voucher to someone who we know loves our chocolate cake, or flower arranging abilities, or decorating or sewing abilities, or organising abilities, writing etc.
Now that to me would be a voucher!

1 comment:

  1. You should go to this site:

    http://www.adventconspiracy.org/

    Click on the "promo video." One of my friends sent me this last Christmas. And I swear. It CHANGED MY LIFE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy