Monday, March 23, 2009

Enough

I’m sure that many of the mothers out there know what I mean when I say that your child can break your heart and leave scars and pain worse than any lover.

But I have a question, at what point are you allowed to say ‘so far no further’?

When is enough, enough?

When can you turn your back?

Some may say never, others I’m sure have turned their backs, others hearts have hardened and then softened only to be hardened again.

Are you allowed to say ‘go your own way in this world’ when they’re legally an adult? Or is it when they’ve completed high school?

When is it all enough?

Today, after an emotionally draining and eye opening day yesterday, I am at the point of ‘enough’. Enough manipulation, enough humiliation, enough hurt, enough screaming, enough disrespecting, enough using, ENOUGH ‘EINAAR’!

3 comments:

  1. I think it's a matter of degree.

    For my Husband, it's the other way. He's tired of his mother's manipulations, so he's had to cut way back on his contact with her. It causes him a lot of guilt, but he knows that he's doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a hard time..I remember us going through it with Keith. Just try to remember, she is trying to be heard...are you "really listening?" She is breaking free for her independence....Remember doing that? Everyone with conviction thinks they are right....are you? Then when enough is enough, let her go...treat her like a (young) adult making her own decisions, to which she will have to live the consequences of. She must know that you will not enable her, but will, would, be there for her like any other adult. Just don't turn your back because this season will not last forever and those bridges can be hard to build back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no words of wisdom these days. But... {{{thinking of you}}}.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy