Friday, September 5, 2008

Rocking my world ... and not in a good way!!

Have courage for the great sorrows of life and
patience for the small ones;
and when you have laboriously
accomplished your daily task,
go to sleep in peace.
~Victor Hugo

My brother-in-law, whom I consider my brother and in a sense, a Daddy of sorts, the fixer, the mender, the mechanic, the pc programmer, the photographer ... the everything man, the reliable, constant man, was diagnosed with cancer. It rocked my world!
Yet, my sister, his wife, is so positive and I guess she's had a few days to deal with the possibility and a few hours more to deal with the reality ... and all I said, because it's all I have to give, is that I'll be praying .. and I put the phone down and bawled and bawled.

My other sister’s house was broken into, their maid held up at gunpoint, they stole money, guns and jewelery ... but no one was hurt which in this country is always a miracle in itself … it’s rocking my world.

It’s rocking my world and it’s not good kinda rocking. It makes you look at everything from a new viewpoint. It's scaring me, no it’s terrifying me. My little world is showing cracks. I’m feeling the pressures of life and thankfully, I have Him to turn to.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's heartbreaking. What type of cancer? Please know you are all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like there's a lot going on in your family right now. Sending you hugs and prayers..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy