Monday, December 17, 2007

New Year Resolutions

Do you make them?

As I rule I don't, I take it more as a daily thing - resolve to be happy, resolve to not eat the junk, resolve to attempt to quit smoking, resolve to make the best of each new day.
But then sometimes, something you've thought about long and hard, is something you decide on as a life resolution. It suddenly hit me that the last ten years whizzed by and I haven't done a lot of what I wanted to.
I realised that my youngest is 7 and if the next ten years go as quickly as the last, which it seems determined to do, I'll be 51 and twiddling my thumbs are seriously kicking my own ass for not doing what I've always wanted to.
I have decided that I will take of my leave pay due by my present employer and make an investment in myself and my future. I've always wanted to do this, and if not now, pray tell when?
So if this new light of reloving, I'm taking a photography course next year - early, like in January. If i don't do it now, when will I? And then, in the middle of the year I'll do another course, and by the end of the year, will know lots more than I do right now.
I have agreed to do a 'casual' family shoot for a friend - she has lots of friends she can recommend me to, and who knows, next year this time, I should have a fairly decent portfolio together.
I ask, whats the point of a decent camera if it's not making you a few extra pennies?
~::~ ~::~ ~::~ ~::~
I'm in like with Peter Pan today!

1 comment:

  1. Nope, I don't make them either, as I have resolved along time ago where my path would be taking me, so I work daily to achieve that.

    I've got a new camera as well this year, so will hopefully be taking a course as well..not for making extra pennies, but for learning how to use it :)

    I know you will do well though, you have a great eye.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy