Monday, March 12, 2012

Visible Monday ...Red is always right

Today I wore two men's items, not just men-inspired, but actual items bought in the men's department of our local Edgars.  I've worn this shirt before but am not sure if I photographed it.  Courteney and I were shopping a few weeks back and she just squealed when she saw this shirt and insisted I buy it.  I do like it.  Then yesterday when we went to return the gown I'd bought her, I saw the ties and at first wanted a purple one, but then we decided on red .. as one of my colleagues said ... red is always right and my addition to Visible Monday at Patti over on Not dead yet style (my photographer was late this evening)

 Skirt : Truworths
Shirt and Tie : Edgars
Shoes : Legit


 Friday evening we collected the new addition to our family.  Welcome home Bobbi ... who is tailless ... Tailless cats occur spontaneously though random mutation.

When she gets mad, she looks a lot like Yoda .. she's cute and feisty and just a teeny weeny little thing.  The kids are all in love with her but Lucky is non too pleased and giving me the complete cold shoulder and won't let me touch him.


 An outfit from last week I forgot to post ... or maybe I just didn't like the photos ... probably the latter.

Skirt and Top : Edgars
Shoes : Jet
Ring : Truworths

9 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy! Thank you for stopping by :) So in the US certain stores will allow a price adjustment. If an item you purchase goes on sale within a given span of days, depending on the store's policy they'll refund to you the difference! Sometimes this is applicable only to full price items, other places will refund the difference even on sale items so it really depends! Too bad in South Africa this is not offered but trust me...it is nerve wrecking to keep up with these things lol! Just followed your blog, I like your style and hope to see you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Bobbi is too adorable! (sorry Lucky is not happy, hopefully he'll come around very soon). What a face! I really like your red tie, it's a statement and it's fun too. Thanks so much for linking up to Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet kitty! I like the menswear shirt and tie. So glad to have "met" you at Patti's Visible Monday - will add your blog to my RSS feed reader!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the red tie! The look is perfect! I'm glad I found you at Patti's place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great Wendy...I just love the red tie!! Austin was packed this weekend with SXSW attendees and it looked like so much fun...we drove right through the middle of them!! It's a great place to vacation. I hope your daughter returns home safely!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first outfit is so cute on you. Really great choice.

    And Bobbi! I've never heard of a cat without a tail. You have a big heart. One of several reasons I admire you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new addition is so cute ... can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a tie I want to try, but I'm not sure how to tie it! Did you have help with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri,

      Growing up I actually wore a tie when I was in school and I tie my sons ties for school. I did a quick 'google' search and see there are even videos on You Tube which show you how.

      enjoy and I'd love to see your tie

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy