Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Simple Sunday

I woke up really early this morning.  The birds were chattering and my cat was rolling around begging for tickles – can’t deny him some lovin’ when he’s so adorable.  I then read a few pages of module 2 of my photography course, took some practice pictures of said kitty and then decided to get myself out of bed.  By the time I got up, it was around 7:30 so I made coffee and put a load of laundry on to wash.  I spent time playing on my blog, organising photos, formatting camera cards, putting the baby camera batteries in the charger and basically just puttering around.

The boys then started rousing and the day really got going.  They were playing the new card game they’re into (I am not thrilled to say the least) Magic : The Gathering which my nephew got them started on.  Schatz was busy with the worm farm and moved the compost and added it to the bed at the bottom of the garden.  It’s a rather dead patch where nothing seems to grow, which is partly due to the fact that we have a lot of clay here.  We have so much ‘worm tea’ and he added of it to the grass.  I’ll be giving away the tea at work again tomorrow.  I never expected our ‘farm’ to do so well, so it’s a great surprise.

I then made some chocolate chip cookies this afternoon.  They were delicious, however, there are never enough and they always disappear so quickly.  I think that’s one of the reasons I don’t bake much!  We took some photos … I’ll post them once they’re downloaded.

Schatz cooked dinner this evening and it turned out pretty well.  A ‘packet’ chicken korma curry.  I’m usually quite hesitant of packet sauces, but this one I must admit was really good.

I watched a little of the Sunday movie, but then it got to be too late, so I’ll finish watching it sometime this week.  I found it a little predictable overall, so am hoping there’s some kind of a twist in the tail… The Town.

That’s my Simple Sunday … hope you had a marvellous weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Funny. I also baked choc chip cookies on Sunday afternoon. Something in the air?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post reminds me of a cartoon.

    A mother was going through old things with her daughter and she pulled out a diary. The daughter asks, "What is that?" The mother replies it's a diary and explains that she used to write in it about her life. The girl looks confused and says, "But why would you blog if nobody can read it?"

    I enjoy reading your diary. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy