Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 11th - Blogger/Web inspired Look

The inspiration for today's outfit

 
My version

I'm not sure where I found this, but it's a picture I've saved in my 'inspiration' folder and it inspired the look for the day.

My skirt is shorter, but it took three months of looking for it.  I finally found it on Sunday at The Hub when Taryn and I went shopping and for lunch.  The T-shirt is by DH and was bought at Truworths around November last year.

My shoes were a Christmas gift from My Schatz and were bought at Contempo.  I'd seen them on a visit to Greenstone Mall last year when I'd bought a few items of holiday wear and was really surprised when I opened them on Christmas morning.  Must give My Schatz credit, he does a great job when he buys me clothes ... besides other things ;-)

I felt very much a 50's housewife ... think Mad Men.
 What do you think of this look on me? 

3 comments:

  1. You look assertive and sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! Success!!

    This is one of the best looks I've seen in a while. Everything works. The elements are perfect and their combination is superb. Great job!

    Coincidentally, I'm in the process of writing a guest-post on Fifties Fashion -- and this outfit is exactly the kind I want to celebrate. I love the fashion of that era and you rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look divine! Love it.

    The skirt is just the right fullness and length. Have you read Trinny & Susannah's body bible? They say that your skirt should always end at the thinnest part of your legs - thereby showing them off. This look really really suits you. But i love stripes so that may just have something to do with it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy