Thursday, August 20, 2009

43 Years Old tomorrow

Shew, I can't believe it. I honestly can't. My friend Jacqui and I were chatting yesterday and asking 'where did time go? where did our youth go?'

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE LAST 25 YEARS!!!

I'll tell you this ... in the last 25 years - I loved, laughed, cried, grew, shrunk, learnt, birthed babies, grew older, loved with all my heart, got my heart broken, broke a couple of hearts, learnt lessons I'd rather not have learnt, did things I choose to forgot I'd done, been a person I despised, become a person I admire, got my dreams smashed, forgot some things, remembered some others, moved homes, moved countries and back again, changed jobs, changed diapers and the colour of my hair, made friends, walked away from friends and then back towards some, became an aunt, a mother, a lover, a wife, a friend, a divorcee, an employee, an employer ... I saw breathtaking sights, fell more in love with what God created than I thought possible, learnt to let go - but just a little, learnt things about myself I had no idea I was capable of, gave of me, took back of me, shared, played ... but, the biggest one, I HAVE LOVED, I LOVE and, that has given me immesurable love in return!

And my advise - be real, true, honest - about how you feel, what you think, what you want, be who you are ... and if you don't like who you are, become a person you like ... that is the key to happiness - IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MATERIAL POSSESSIONS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on 25 wonderful and eventful years. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy