Friday, March 31, 2006

Baby steps

If you know Flylady, you'll know that she says 'babysteps, babysteps, babysteps' ALL THE TIME. No matter what you're trying to achieve, it's her mantra, babysteps. And writing this I realised that, that is what the last 7 months have been, babysteps. Slowly finding my feet, slowly making a new life ... slowly = babysteps.
Well, I have a job, and I'm learning lots of new things and of course, that's a big boost for the self esteem. Our home that my children and I are creating is taking shape and it fits us and is comfortable.
So last weekend I went up the road to take the boys to the dentist (oops, we had the wrong date ... lol ) and went next door to ask the car dealership if they had a contact number. As I walked onto their lot, there stood this little Toyota Tazz. Hmmmmmmmm. After asking the salesman and he not finding contacting details, I asked him about the car. We had a chat and eventually after looking at the car, the little one's and I left.
On Monday, when I got into the office, I went onto my banks site and filled in a Vehicle Finance application ... 3 hours later I got a call telling me it was approved!!! I was thrilled. Called the dealer, got a friend to go and look the car over and today, at around 12:00 I drove off in my own little car. I'm so happy. The kids and I can now get around, we don't have to ask to borrow cars, or feel guilty for asking when we need food, or anything ...... WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO.
It's just awesome!
Well, work is still in full swing, but I wanted to share my happy news.
Tschuess

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations dear friend on your new car!!! I know how wonderful it is not to be beholden to anyone else and have the freedom to do what you need to want to do when you want to do it.

    I am just so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I used to have a Tazz - they're great! Are you enjoying the job?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog. Congrats on the new job!!!

    I lived in south africa most of my life and just moved to the states 8 years ago, so it's always nice to come across another blog from SA.

    Grats on the car too, enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love hearing others feelings and appreciate your time. Please be honest - BUT kind.

Have a fabulous day now and I'll be coming round to visit you as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Wendy